I don't live in the US but if I did, and even though I don't, I want humans to be safe from guns.
And that means stopping other humans from having guns. Sorry but it does.
You can't legislate against people snapping or being secretly off tap. The US Government needs to stop the madness and get guns under control. THEN maybe we can start working on the humans. Not the other way around.
The "Right to bear arms" (2nd amendment) was passed in December 15, 1791.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
So, in the spirit of the time, here are some wacky and fun facts from the 1700s:
- Lynch mobs were commonplace
- It was not particularly frowned upon to kill native Americans.
- You could take part in a duel... and die.
- It was ok to own another human as a "slave". (slaves were considered "property" until the 13th amendment was passed.)
- Public executions were family events
- Many doctors believed bathing was "unhealthy"
It's 2013. Sign the petition here:
Gun Control Petition
Take the Gun Control survey (US readers only)